Saturday, May 9, 2009

So... Thanks to you dear Clayton & Dylan... and someday more babies to come


I know that mother's day is supposed to be a day where we recognize our own Mother's and all that they do for us... but on the eve of that day I am feeling rather blessed to be a Mother myself.
I often thank Clayton and Dylan for letting them be their Mom, and I mean it. I am so lucky to be a Mother, that Heavenly Father has trusted me with these precious souls. I am lucky to watch them grow, and learn. Experience their ups and downs with them. I love learning to laugh as the lunch out at Taco Bell goes terribly wrong, because it was a late night, and an early morning, and we are already late for nap... When will I learn! I love seeing their eyes light up, as they learn about Heaven, and Heavenly father, and Jesus. I love that I have 2 sets of eyes on me all the time, even in the dressing room at the nike store, on a trip that their Father was on too... I love the conversation in the dressing room between Clayton and I while I tried on a sports bra: "mom why do you not have milk in your boobs?"
Me: "Because I don't have anymore babies to feed.."
Clayton: "but when Heavenly Father puts another baby in your belly you are going to need to drink a lot of milk so you have it to feed the baby when it comes out."
Me: laughing and smiling, "you are right Clayton"
I love knowing my place on the earth, and my place in Heavenly Father's plan. I hope I am doing it right, and I love learning how to do it every day!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Great post! Heartfelt & funny! I didn't know that was possible when comments about boobs are in the picture :) LOL Have a great night.

Patrick and Emily said...

Oh I love it. What is it about kids and boobs!? My girls talk about mine all the time too...:)