Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It is not always about the chores, the tasks or the errands.

Sorry this post does not contain any pictures. Just wanted to drop a note on the great day that we had. Nothing ultra fantastic or astounding, just one of those nice at home days. NO hitting, no timeouts, no mom freaking out. (I have been tired due to Dylan's teething molars the past week and not much sleep) So with that said I think that may be why it was an extra nice day, because inside I felt I might be cranky at the drop of a hat and I wasn't! The boys were up at 7am alot on the early side, they aren't usually up until after 8am! So our day started early. Beck came at 8am, and shortly after that I had my upstairs bathrooms cleaned, Dylan down for a nap, and the big boys and I were, "crafting" as Clayton calls it, all before 9am. A mix of paints, stamps and the fave of Clay's the cricut machine! Today the boys choose the letter S to talk about. So we cut out space-ships and large S's, did some Stamping etc. It was fun, and nice to finally do something with them, since D was asleep. (So I just looked around the dining room and it is a mess still but o'well there is always tomorrow, I am trying to adapt that less stress philosophy.) We ran a quick errand with the hopes that naps would happen on the way home (getting 3 boys down for nap is a chore most days) no luck with that one so we all shared strawberry shakes from burgerville the rest of the way home. mmmm! Nap was great and I snuck one in too. I felt much better after words! Aric and I made it to the gym, and even had a great well balanced dinner. BBQ chicken, broccoli, texas toast, orange jello, and home-made mac n cheese. (but we ate on paper plates because I didn't want any more dishes!)
Bath and the evening routine went without a hitch, and while snuggling with Clayton the best part of my day happened: I was rubbing his arm and he asked me if I wanted him to rub my arm. So he did, his little hands reached out of the covers and started stroking my arm in the gentlest little motions. He said, "I love you Mom" That is why I love being a mom. What more can you ask for at the end of the day, especially when you are questioning what did I really 'get done'. It is not always about the chores, the tasks or the errands. It is the little fingers on your arm, the reminder of what we really are as mothers.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Psst...I tagged you!!

Morgan Family said...

I know exactly what you mean. It isn't all about what you get done during the day. As long as you are a good mom and teach your kids the things they need to learn, that is all that matters. I love it when they show you affection and tell you what a good mom you are! That is the best reward ever and makes it all worth it!