Saturday, November 22, 2008

Obsession is the slightest


K. Trying not to sound like a total teenager, but I can not gab enough about my devotion to twilight. I was way late to jump on this wagon... did not read the first book until halloween weekend, and was so addicted that I finished all 4 books in 7 days. Yeah for no sleep! Camped out with my sister and her friends (they are 14, so please don't tease!) to see the first showing on thursday night. I about DIED. Trying not to barf between the 2 giant popcorn tubs we downed in 4 hours along with the 5 refills of the 52 oz mr. pibb we all shared.... and my ridiculous excitement/anticipation. I found myself giddy when the movie finally started and, picking it apart... urgh at myself now. I left with chaotic emotions... equalling a 2:30 am run to walmart to purchase the soundtrack to aid in my debacle: Loath the movie for all that it did not, or embrace the Twilight spirit and allow myself to be truly madly deeply obsessed and in love with said cult classic. Thus the later has come to pass.....
I am begging my husband to take me... or provide child-care so that I might partake of once more...
(Sigh)
I wanted to share one of my favorite movie pictures, I am not sure if this appeared in the actual film.. but for you nw natives they are in front of Multnomah falls!

7 comments:

Brandon said...

Nathan and I really liked it, although there were places where they could have improved the dialogue or pacing. Really looking forward to the next one! I liked the fourth book the best. :0)

Lyndsey said...

Ok well next time you see it notice all the blinking that Bella does. Drove me crazy! You are officially a nerd. Glad I could help you on your journey to nerdness!

M&N Shaw said...

Don't feel too nerdy - I am having a horse-crazy renaissance, the likes of which you've never seen! It's like I'm a 12 year-old again, it's great!

The Original TomKat said...

Not only are they in front of Multnomah Falls but they're in my biology room, my hallway and my cafeteria. Please count me among other obsessed non-teenagers and know that I will accompany you to a second showing ANY TIME!

Kati Howard said...

Doesn't it become even more cool when you've been to the places they're filming? I totally was thinking, "I've been there." That's another reason I enjoyed reading the books. The descriptions of the scenery was breathtaking and made me miss Washington. Even though I've lived in Idaho the past 3 years.... WA. will ALWAYS be home.

Brandon said...

I didn't really get too into the locale while I was reading, since I've never been to the Olympic Peninsula, but watching the movie, I got kind of homesick. The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful...I was like, there's the Columbia Gorge! There's Multnomah Falls! Look, mist and pine trees!!! Chicago has NOTHING to compare.

Mary Ellen said...

hey- glad you liked it- I still haven't seen it!!! Maybe this weekend!!!