Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cute quotes from a 3 year old

So Clayton and I love to watch "Jon and Kate plus 8". It is one of the few non-educational parent and child friendly viewing options.. so we do indulge in the hilarities of a family of 10! The other day we were viewing while eating a snack, and I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher. I decided to ask Clayton what he thought of what we were watching.. I find his opinions and views very intriguing!
Me: "Clay do you think we should have that many kids?"
Clay: looks at me with sheer disgust, "no"
Me: "how many, should we have?"
Clay: "just 2"
Me: "just 2?" I hold up 2 fingers. "Clayton and Dylan"
Clay: "no 2"
Me: surprised by this because he knows that him and Dylan equal 2. "2? do you mean 2 more?" I count out on my fingers. "Clayton, Dylan, and one more, and another one more?"
Clay: "yeah, that many"
Me: Sigh, and smile!
Most of the time he loves being a big brother.

Tonight I got to go to work at Gymboree! I closed which i never do. So I came down stairs this evening with a new dress on to make sure Aric thought it looked alright. I came around the corner and Clayton was watching some NASA footage on the laptop (yes we are raising a science nerd!) and looks at me and says, "wow! moma nice shirt." Before Aric could even say anything, my dear sweet 3 year old son, noticed that I was wearing a new "shirt" as he called it, and made my night. I had to give him the biggest snuggle smooch for that.

Thank you for letting me share a few on my favorite recent quips from Clayton!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

What a sweet boy! Scary thing is, he probably DOES know how many more babies will call him big brother...

Morgan Family said...

Oh that is so sweet! I just love little kids and the things they say!