Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Clayton's first day of pre-school!




I can not believe that I dropped my son off for his first day of pre-school. Clayton goes every Tue/Thursday from 12:30-3:00.

The preparations for this day and new adventure have created a mass of mixed emotions for myself (and I think the Dad as well) We have been excited to do the school supply shopping and to attend the new parent orientation, nervous that he might not get to the bathroom in time, sad that he is actually old enough to do these things already! Never once were we concerned that he would do well in the class room, or have trouble with us leaving him! (because he didn't mind at all!)

These Pictures are of Clayton and Beck (the little boy I watch, and is in the same class) being very excited to start the day, and even taking a moment to smell the flowers....?
No, there were bees in those flowers so of course they were intrigued by them.

I left the parking lot with Dylan in the car seat, feeling a little alone, but in a good way. I drove the 10 minutes driveway to driveway. Dylan fell asleep as I hoped that he would, I put him down in bed, and sighed. What will I do with 2 hours... CLEAN HOUSE! What a treat, I cleaned.. really cleaned and it stayed clean because no-one was around to mess it up. I loved it. I get to do it again on Thursday, and the following week as well. I LOVE PRE-SCHOOL!

Check back often for more pre-school updates!

1 comment:

Emily Marie said...

My second daughter Elaine went to her first day of the county 'Kiddie Kollege' today as well! She will go W/TH, so I will have two hours of only one baby who may or may not take an hour nap!!
I am impressed by your happiness at cleaning! I do it all the time and it seems fruitless! Anyway, have fun! :)