Sunday, April 27, 2008

I have to speak at church!

It is 11:30 pm and I for some reason am not asleep with my children. They are upstairs both sawing logs (as i can hear through the monitor) but my mind is racing. I was called this week to give a talk at church on mother's day sunday. Yes I know that I have 2 weeks until the day, but I am so nervous. I have been turning down the request for ever now, every time they call I say no. But this time, they got my weak spot. The topic is on being a mother, I mean of course mother's day and all. I love being a mother, so how could I turn it down again. So here I am stomach in knots, already mulling over the content of my talk. I am supposed to base my talk around the conference talk from Elder M Russel Ballard. This is the link, I think it is a great talk. And unfortunately I just read it today, because we watched the morning session of conference and didn't make it through any part of the afternoon session with our boys. Would it be wrong to hire a babysitter so we could watch conference?? Just kidding....kinda:) What I love about this talk is that it is not directed at just LDS moms or that perfect mother we are always comparing ourselves too... I felt it was written about me. I guess that is why I get to talk about it in a few weeks.
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-37,00.html

3 comments:

Jill said...

Gotta love it! Talking in church is so not my favorite thing! And then what makes it even more difficult is trying to pull your own thoughts into it and go through about a thousand other talks online about motherhood...overwhelming and can make you (me) feel kinda like a failure in some areas!! But hopefully at the end of the talk someone will come up to youand say what a great job you did or how you touched their heart. That makes it all worth it!
And hiring a babysitter during conference is not a bad idea! :)

Jill said...

Oh ya I have an invite for you, do you want to email me your address???

ABCD Clapp said...

so your email doesn't come up... you can email to this: aricnbritt@yahoo.com